The Path to Heaven Through the Sacrament of Marriage
Day 3: Assignments
Natural Family Planning
Dr. Janet Smith is a world renowned professor who is a moral theologian and an expert on contraception.
Click HERE to submit your answers (individually) based on the below material.
A. Watch the above Dr. Janet Smith Video
B. OIC Workbook Readings:
Approx. 1-2 hours
- Presentation Eight pp. 104-120c
- Presentation Nine pp. 121-128
Note: Adding thoughts on what was challenging and what you want to learn more about is okay.
Those seeking understanding can submit additional questions to the NFP/Medical Panel to help address them.
Click HERE to submit your answers (individually) based on the below readings:
A. OIC Workbook Readings:
Approx. 25-35 minutes
- Presentation Ten pp. 130-142a
B. Appendix Articles
Approx. 1-2 hours
- A Sexual Revolution: One Woman’s Journey from Pro-Choice Atheism to Pro-Life Catholic, pp. 176-179
- IVF and the Catholic Couple, pp. 187-190
- Humane Vitae and the Signs of the Times, pp. 197-201
- Humane Vitae and Human Happiness, pp. 202-204
- The Social Footprints of Contraception, pp. 205-207
Adding thoughts on what was challenging and what you want to learn more about is okay. These additional questions can also be submitted to the NFP/Medical Panel to help address them.
Final Thought: We hope everyone can see the truth, goodness, and beauty of Christ and His Church’s teaching on conjugal love, thus being open to life and seeking God’s Will within their marriage.
After you both have completed Module 1 & 2 of the OIC book readings and watched Janet Smith’s video listed above then:
Click HERE to submit at least 1 question (per couple) for the Medical/NFP Panel to address on Saturday, Day 3.
Optional Question Submittal: Click HERE to submit a question or comment for Fr. McCarthy to address on Day 3.
If you choose to submit a question, please submit it by Wednesday, March 22, 2023, by 6 pm
IMPORTANT: While there is nothing for you to submit to us (unless you submit a question for Fr. McCarthy), this is a reminder of the discussion you should have as a couple that Father asked you to talk about before his Part Two talk.
- If you have not already discussed your past sexual experiences, particularly those that will influence your ongoing relationship with one another, do so.
Please Note: This is not a confession. Specific dates and persons are not appropriate to be shared, nor is it appropriate to ask, but rather those experiences that will influence how you relate to your beloved once you get married in a physical manner.
- What was your experience like in learning about the birds and the bees? When, where, and how? And from whom?
- What do you want your children’s experience to be like learning the birds and the bees?
- Develop a specific written plan with ages and times for how you plan on sharing specific information with your children.