How It All Works
One In Christ helps your priest prepare you for the Sacrament of Matrimony
Marriage Prep: Two-Part Program: Once you complete both parts, we send a Certificate of Completion to your Priest
Part One consists of required Prework assignments to prepare you and your fiancé for the Seminar experience.
You will join others in the same season of life to be led by experts who will provide skills and resources over a main weekend (Days 1 & 2) and a future follow-up Saturday (Day 3).
- Led by a team of married Catholic couples, medical and mental health experts, and a priest, the two of you are encouraged to talk and pray privately after each presentation.
- An atmosphere is created for the two of you to concentrate exclusively on each other, free of the distractions, pressures, and interruptions of daily living – a “time out” away from home, friends, and wedding preparations.
- It is a thought-provoking seminar, specifically designed to allow you to talk honestly and intensively about your future together – an opportunity to discover a deeper appreciation of your relationship and God’s call to unite in a permanent union (covenant), the Sacrament of Matrimony.
- Through personal sharing, the members of the facilitating married couples talk about what the Sacrament of Matrimony means to them individually and the impact a great Christian marriage can have on the world.
- Our goal is not just to present information on marriage, but rather to help couples see the what, why, and how of the Church’s teaching in relation to marriage. That is why we begin with the basic catechesis on the Catholic Faith and interweave it throughout the seminar.
- Couples find their faith reinvigorated by learning the Church’s teachings in the context of marriage preparation.
- After finishing the 3-Day Part One portion of the seminar, you will be prepared to continue your marriage prep journey for Part Two NFP Classes (separate course) in order to obtain your Certificate of Completion.
We Send Your Priest OIC Certificate of Completion - Congrats!
Prayer & Virtues
Unitive & Procreative Ends of Marriage
Couples 1:1 Breakout Discussions
The One In Christ marriage preparation program consists of two parts to receive a Certificate of Completion we send to your priest.
Part One consists of homework assignments and three days of onsite seminar participation.
Part Two (separate course) is provided by a certified partner with approximately 6 hours of class time but spread over a 3-month period learning and charting an approved USCCB Natural Family Planning (NFP) method via live-onsite or live-online classes.
These NFP classes will be offered at different dates/times and locations. It will depend on the approved NFP provider chosen.
Ideally, Part Two should be taken after completing Part One, as Part One lays the foundation the couple needs to move forward with Part Two NFP classes.